Many nominations are initiated by managers. However, we also welcome nominations from people’s colleagues and the offenders with whom they work.
To help encourage nominations locally, it would be helpful if you would:
- place our promotional posters where they can be seen by both staff and offenders;
- consider posting notices to staff and offenders to encourage their engagement;
- convene a local nominations panel to help identify potential nominees.
Co-ordinating the nominations process involves:
- giving guidance and help to those wishing to make a nomination and supplying them with a copy of the (initial) nomination form as required;
- showing initial nominations to the nominees concerned, and obtaining consent for them to be submitted to us;
- completing the local champion’s section of the supporting documentation form for each nomination;
- ensuring the sign off page of the supporting documentation has completed by the appropriate senior manager (as shown on the supporting documentation form);
- once the sign off has been completed, returning both the initial nomination and supporting documentation to us, by 30 June.
Please do follow up on and forward to us all completed nominations, even if they are not strongly supported locally. Being nominated is an achievement in itself and the Trust’s policy is to acknowledge all nominees whatever the eventual outcome.
1 – You MUST ensure nominees have seen their initial nomination and are happy for you to submit it to us (you do not have to show them the supporting documentation though).
2 – If you receive an initial nomination by 30 June but too late to complete the supporting documentation & sign off in time, please contact us straight away (BEFORE the deadline).